Thursday, September 20, 2012

40 Weeks, 1 Day and Counting

I was hoping to have exciting news by now, but unfortunately little O likes living in my belly and does not want to come out! I would love to be one of those moms who says, she is patience and not forcing their child into this world, but that’s not me! I have not gone too overboard, only Googled pressure points/acupressure, had a foot massage/pedi, tried eating pineapple and eggplant, walking and bouncing on an exercise ball. Of course I have done all these in moderation. I am praying and trying to trust the Lords timing, but I am so ready to meet this little boy! I am dilated 3 cm and have contractions all the time especially at night, but they end up stopping. Here’s to hoping he comes this week. My new favorite doctor is on call Friday, so maybe he is waiting till then.

A couple more baby topics, the nursery is complete. I really love how it turned out. I wanted something calm and soothing and not super childish. I did have days when I thought should I go crazy with the lime green and dinosaurs, but I opted to wait until he is old enough to design his own room. We repurposed the dresser, night-stand and bookshelf. We bought the crib (Young America) from a local baby furniture store in Charlotte. I fell head over heels with my glider at Bellini. The ladies at Bellini were great to work with and I recommend them for everything… furniture, bedding and adorable accessories. I may add a couple of things once he arrives, like his initials or name to the wall. We are waiting to see him before deciding on a name. Or maybe an ottoman covered with the same fabric from his crib skirt or a shaggy rug for him to roll around on. Here are the photos. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
Crib: Young America Tribute Crib; Glider: Dutailier 171 Series; Dresser: Ethan Allen; Artwork: Susan Bolick

No comments:

Post a Comment